Android tablets come with Google's Play Store loaded as standard. Note that you need to have a Google or Gmail account to use Play Store. Play Store has a huge range of applications (apps) available for download including Hotmail, and the good news is that the Hotmail app is free. Once you've downloaded the app successfully, you'll need to fill in the details of your hotmail account to download your mail and to send messages. You can also synchronise your tablet with other devices that have your Hotmail account enabled so that you have access to your calendar and contacts.
- Skill level:
Click on the Play Store icon on your Android tablet's home page to open Play Store. Click on the search icon at the top right hand corner of your screen. The icon is in the shape of a magnifying glass and it brings up a keyboard.
Type in "Hotmail" and the first result will be Hotmail Microsoft. Touch the Hotmail icon to bring up the download page. Touch the "Install" option. The next page outlines the permissions the app requires from your tablet such as network communication and system tools. If you are happy with the permissions described, press "Accept & download."
Press the "Open" option once the app has finished installing. A "Welcome to Hotmail" page opens inviting you to enter the email address and password for your Hotmail account.
Press "Next" and then "Next" again to accept the License Agreement. On the following screen, type in your Hotmail address then press "Next" to enter your password. Press "Next" and you will go to your Hotmail account where you will be invited to enter various details such as a nickname for the account and synchronisation information.
Tips and warnings
- Add the Hotmail icon to your tablet's home page by pressing the manage apps icon at the top left hand corner of the home page. Locate the Hotmail icon, press and hold it until the home page comes up in the background, then move it to the desired location.
- Once you have Hotmail on your tablet, you can easily add other Hotmail accounts from the home screen of the app.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for