Lamb leg steaks are suitable for frying, barbecuing, grilling and roasting in the oven. Lamb is a very tender meat and doesn’t require too much cooking. Therefore it’s ideal for preparing a quick dinner. Herbs such as mint and rosemary are commonly used, but spices and anchovies can also be added for an extra kick.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 200g lamb leg steak, boneless
- 1 or 2 sprigs of rosemary (leaves only)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 anchovy (optional)
- Paprika, cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine crushed garlic, rosemary leaves and olive in a bowl and mix. If desired, you may add spices such as paprika and cayenne pepper or a chopped anchovy.
Add the lamb steak to the mixture with salt and pepper.
Ensure the steak is covered completely by the marinade and leave for two to three hours.
Preparing the Marinade
Heat oil in a frying pan until very hot.
Fry the lamb steak for two minutes on each side if you want it medium rare or five to six minutes if you want it well done.
Remove from the pan and leave to rest for a minute on a plate before serving, as it will continue to cook.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 or 180C.
Follow the steps above to fry the steak, frying on each side for about two minutes.
Transfer the lamb to an ovenproof dish with a little oil and place in the oven.
Cook for five to six minutes if medium rare is desired, or a little longer for it to be well done.
Remove from the oven and leave to rest on a plate.
Tips and warnings
- When buying lamb, look out for yellowish or crumbly fat. This means the meat is old. Do not buy it.
- Make sure you keep the lamb in the coldest part of the fridge and if it’s raw ensure it doesn’t come into contact with other foods. Lamb will keep in the fridge for around three days. However, smaller cuts should be eaten on the day of purchase.
- Vegetables such as asparagus and broccoli are a perfect accompaniment to lamb. Don’t overcook them so that they retain some crunch.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for