Converse are an American brand that make Converse All Star shoes. These basketball style trainers can be worn by both men and women for a variety of occasions, including for playing sports and casual everyday wear. If you've been enjoying your Chucks but think they could use a clean, there are several things you can do to improve their appearance. Start by cleaning your Converse by hand and then putting them in a washing machine.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Mild soap and water solution
- Liquid chalk shoe cleaner (optional)
- Wet sponge
Remove the laces from your Converse shoes by starting at the top and pulling them out of the eyelets until you reach the bottom of the shoe. You can wash your laces separately in a washing machine.
Wet a sponge or cleaning cloth in a mild solution of soap and water. Dab any stains or marks on the fabric of the shoe until they are gone. To improve the all-over appearance of the shoe, dab the whole shoe with the cloth and solution.
Wipe the rubber foxing around the sides of the shoe and the toe cap with a damp cloth and soap solution to remove marks.
Place the shoes in a washing machine and wash on a gentle cycle to remove any remaining dirt. You can wash your shoes using laundry detergent, however do not wash the shoes with bleach or any product containing a bleach compound as this could affect the strength of the fabric.
Dry the shoes at room temperature in a well-ventilated room. Do not place them near a source of excessive heat, such as a stove, radiator or pipe or use a tumble dryer as this could affect the fabric.
Tips and warnings
- Wear good quality socks to reduce the amount of perspiration that comes into contact with your Converse shoes.
- Washing your shoes by hand or in the washing machine could cause coloured Converse shoes to fade.
- Do not use products containing petroleum to clean your shoes as this could damage the rubber sole and toe cap.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for