A casual khaki suit is ideal for holidays, summertime weddings, parties and occasions when a smart look is required but a black suit is too formal. Anyone can pull off a full khaki suit, provided they give some thought to the style of the suit itself and the accessories to go with it.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Purchase plain trousers, without pleats, and a modern two-button blazer. Keep the look simple.
Check that your suit jacket fits well; it should be slim-fitting and nipped in slightly at the waist. If your khaki jacket looks too big, it will look old-fashioned and unflattering.
Wear a button down shirt under the khaki suit jacket. Choose a shirt in a light pastel colour, such as a very pale pink or blue. You could also a patterned shirt or a vertical stripe in complimentary colours. Steer clear of dark brown and black shirts, as these are too harsh for the pale khaki tones. Avoid wearing a T-shirt underneath the jacket.
Add a pocket handkerchief, tie or bow tie, provided the colour is chosen carefully and compliments the colour of the khaki suit and the shirt.
Wear brown shoes instead of black. Light brown loafers with no socks creates an effortless, comfortable look.
Tips and warnings
- Get more wear out of your khaki suit by wearing it as two separates. Khaki trousers are versatile and look great paired with a casual T-shirt, lightweight sweater or short-sleeved shirt. A khaki jacket can be worn over a white shirt and jeans for a relaxed summer style.
- Keep your khaki suit clean. Its pale colour will show more stains and wrinkles than heavier, darker fabrics. Be prepared to get your khaki suit dry-cleaned after every couple of wearings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for