When working with ESET's remote administrator tool, you have the ability to install and uninstall applications remotely from the administrative computer to client computers on your network. When attempting to delete or uninstall applications remotely, you may encounter the following error message: "Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer" - followed by an SC error code and GLE error code.
Other People Are Reading
Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 53)
This error can occur for a number of reasons:
Shared resources are not installed on the client computer, or on the firewall of the network (ports 445 and 135-139).
If TCP/IP protocols are not active on the client machine, or if the computer is not answering pings from the server, you could get this error message.
If you are working with windows XP servers or workstations, windows XP firewall needs to be disabled.
Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 1327)
As the user that will be installing or uninstalling the applications remotely, you will need to have administrator rights. Your administrator password cannot be blank or the error message above will be generated.
Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 13)
If the workstation and server are on a mixed environment of work groups and domains the "Use Simple file sharing" function should be disabled or the error above will be generated. To disable Simple File Sharing, click Tools, Folder Options, View.
Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 51)
If you are receiving the error message above, the Server service is not running on the client machine and will need to be activated. Normally the server service is set to activate automatically, but if you need to activate it manually, click "Start," click "Run," type "services.msc" in the "Open" box, and then click "OK." In the Services list, click Server, then in the Action menu, click "Start."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Microsoft Support; Service overview and network port requirements for the Windows Server system; April 23, 2010
- ESET Knowledgebase; ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation Requirements and Checklist; January 20, 2011
- ESET Knowledgebase; ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation and Push Uninstallation Errors; April 15, 2010
- Microsoft Support; You receive a "The server service is not started" error message when you try to add a user to a group in Windows XP; June 10, 2005