D81 Statement of Information

Written by jennifer vanbaren | 13/05/2017

A D81 statement of information for a consent order is a necessary form required for uncontested divorces in the UK These statements are used for do-it-yourself divorces.


When two parties agree on a divorce, an uncontested divorce process begins. Part of this process includes completing a D81 statement which is obtained from the Court Service in the UK.


Couples divorcing this way have advantages over contested divorces. Uncontested divorces are less expensive and less time-consuming. Fewer forms are required from divorces of this nature.


To proceed in an uncontested divorce, one of the parties involved must file a petition, Form D8. It is obtained at the local court and must be returned there with a copy of the party's original marriage certificate. If children are involved, a statement of arrangements must also be provided. The court then sends a copy of the documents to the respondent. The respondent either agrees with the petition or requests a change for it.


After the respondent returns the petition, the court issues a Form D81. This form must be completed by both parties. This form contains all the details of the divorce regarding living arrangements of spouses and children and the distribution of property. Both parties must sign the consent order. The consent order becomes binding six weeks and one day after the court receives the signed consent D81 form.

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the eHow.co.uk site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.