Homeowners who have children and pets in their home must be careful when choosing landscaping plants for their yard or garden. Pampas grass is a good choice because it is non-toxic to animals and humans.
Other People Are Reading
Pampas grass is known by the botanical name Cortaderia selloana. According to the University of Arkansas, Division of Agriculture, pampas grass is not known to cause symptoms of plant poisoning if ingested by humans. However, any plant can cause allergic reactions or other adverse effects if ingested. Choking is a concern with plant ingestion, especially in children.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals states that pampas grass is non-toxic to dogs, cats and horses. Ingesting any type of plant material, however, can cause uncomfortable gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhoea, depression and vomiting in animals.
Pampas grass ingestion that causes severe or long-lasting symptoms in humans or animals requires an evaluation by a medical professional. Bring a sample of the plant with you to the doctor or veterinarian to ensure proper plant identification.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for