Inkjet Vs. Bubble Jet

Written by steven symes
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Pin
  • Email
Inkjet Vs. Bubble Jet
Bubble jet is a type of inkjet printer. (dun cat - printer image by Maria Brzostowska from

Many people mistakenly think inkjet and bubble jet printers are the same thing, just with different names. While there are similarities between the two print technologies, some key differences exist as well.


Bubble jets are a specific kind of inkjet printer developed by Canon.


Inkjets use piezoelectric crystals to move ink from the cartridge onto the correct area of the paper to print an image or letter.

Bubble Jets

Bubble jets use heat to create a bubble of ink, which becomes a droplet of ink that transfers to a specific spot on the paper.


Bubble jets use water-based inks, which are supposed to hold up against water damage better than the ink used by inkjets.


Bubble jets have proven to produce less noise in general than inkjets.


Inkjet printers have been popular for printing digital photos onto high-quality photo paper, but many bubble jet users claim their printers produce higher resolution prints.

Don't Miss

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.