Yet another reason to simply love autumn. These pumpkin spiced crumble cakes are a simply great treat and the closest thing you’ll get to a cake made of rainbows and smiles…
355 Grams (1 1/2 cups) of all-purpose flour
120 Grams (1/2 cup) of melted butter
120 Grams (1/2 cup) of brown sugar
235ml (1 cup) of Greek yogurt
120 Grams (1/2 cup) of pumpkin puree
180 Grams (3/4 cups) granulated sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF)
1. Put the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, cloves, brown sugar and soda in a medium to large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together.
2. Add the melted butter which should be at room temperature.
3. Set aside about three quarters of this mixture for the topping and put the rest in a greased pan.
1. Put all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl and mix it altogether.
2. Pour the mixture into the greased pan with the crust.
3. Pour on the topping mixture that you set aside
4. Place in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Leave to cool and cut the cake into squares.