Pneumonia can be caused by repeatedly inhaling foreign particles. These particles find their way into the lungs, creating illness and a chronic cough as the lungs try to get rid of them. The existence of black mould pneumonia, however, is debated, even among doctors. That said, whether it creates an allergic reaction or pneumonia, black mould can kill and is highly toxic. Seek immediate treatment if you have inhaled spores for a long period of time and have left any symptoms untreated.
Other People Are Reading
Black mould, known as Stachybotrys or toxic black mould, is extremely dangerous to humans and animals. It requires a considerable amount of moisture to actually grow. Basements with water leaks or abandoned buildings with damaged Sheetrock, drywall cement, wallpaper or ceilings are all good prospects for black mould. Black mould is a fungus, and it produces mycotoxins that are harmful to humans.
Some illnesses related to black mould’s mycotoxins are asthma, cancer, lung disease, nosebleeds, skin rashes, cough, fatigue and learning disabilities. People with lowered immune systems, small children, the elderly or those with severe allergies can be affected by black mould extremely quickly. If the mould makes contact with skin, it leaves large warts or legions that have to be removed surgically. Sinus infections from black mould must be removed surgically, as well. They can also cause swelling and make the swollen regions leak and cause constant pain.
The Allergy Debate
A large portion of people discourage categorising black mould illnesses as pneumonia. People with allergies suggest that inhaling black mould does not cause pneumonia but rather a severe allergic reaction, such as rashes, asthma, watering eyes, sneezing and coughs. Most people describe it as having a severe cold or allergic reaction.
The Pneumonia Debate
Patients with weaker immune systems, such as organ transplant patients or children, can develop a severe case of black mould pneumonia, according to a joint publication from the University of Florida on 2006 by M. Hong Nguyen, M.D., and Frederick Southwick, M.D. Since black mould is inhaled into the lungs and can become lodged in the sinus cavity or spread to the brain and bloodstream, it seems to be more serious than an allergy or serious cold. For these reasons, some citizens and professional researchers are comfortable labelling black mould as pneumonia. It seems to have horrible effects on people, such as pulmonary problems.
Black mould has the potential for horribly hazardous side effects from exposure including death. Some of the symptoms are headaches, red eyes, coughing and difficulty breathing, urinary tract infections, asthma (with chronic exposure), bleeding in the lungs and bronchial tubes, nose and throat irritation, skin rashes or hives, changes in blood pressure, visceral pain due to liver or kidney damage, digestive problems, nausea, difficulty concentrating, fatigue, dizziness, memory loss and infertility (with chronic exposure to high levels of black mold).
If you experience any symptoms, please see your doctor. There are many ways to get rid of a black mould invasion, such as preventing the gathering of moisture in certain rooms or areas, using bleach to kill the mould, sealing off an infected room and using soap and disinfectants. After the mould is totally removed, your health should recover.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for