Franklin Mint dolls have long been known for their outstanding craftsmanship and beauty. Highly sought after by collectors, Franklin Mint offers doll series complete with detail-oriented ensembles and realistic accessories. From Princess Diana to Gone with the Wind, Franklin Mint's hand numbered vinyl and porcelain dolls are worthy investments. Franklin Mint's dolls are expensive and the values continue to rise once the limited runs of each doll are retired (no longer produced). Purchasing Franklin Mint dolls is a matter of falling in love, authenticating and making the investment.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Doll collector magazines
- Franklin Mint contact form
- Credit card
Browse Internet sites such as eBay to get an idea of the going rate for the retired Franklin Mint dolls that you're interested in purchasing. What a doll is worth and what people are willing to pay are often two very different amounts.
Browse other Internet seller's websites to see what is available. Use an Internet search engine to find Retired Franklin Mint dolls. A list of sellers will usually come up for you to browse. Consult the classified advertisements found in the back of doll collector magazines.
Contact the seller of any doll you are interested in by phone or e-mail. Request the doll's number (found on the body) and ask if the doll has the original certificate of authenticity (sometimes referred to as COA). Inquire as to the condition of the doll's box, if it has been opened and how the doll was displayed. You should also ask the seller for many photos, which can be e-mailed as digital files. You might spot something in one of the photos that the seller did not tell you about.
Contact Franklin Mint to verify the doll's number and ask for the doll's value. Usually only the doll's MINT value can be determined. Mint is a doll in a never opened box, and the box is in pristine condition. Use the contact form on the Franklin Mint website, or call 1-800-THE-MINT, Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm (ET).
Determine how much you are willing to spend to purchase the doll you want and make the purchase if the price is right. Pay for shipping insurance to protect your investment. It's also a good idea to use a major credit card so you can stop the payment on the doll if it turns out to be less than what the seller described. Protect yourself from fraud if you cannot see and handle the doll yourself.
Tips and warnings
- Always make sure the seller has a return policy. Reputable doll sellers will allow you to inspect the doll and return it if it's not to your liking, especially if the doll is very expensive. Auction sites such as eBbay have built in policies protecting buyers from fraudulent sellers. Remember a doll may be selling for more than it's worth due to what the buyer is willing to pay for the doll. Patience is the key when acquiring expensive dolls. You must weigh the availability of the doll with the price others are paying, with your desire to own the doll.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for